Friday 14 February 2014

Ink Drops

We experimented by making use of water and ink. We got a range of glass containers, filled them with water and then dropped various colours of ink into them, then made use of macro/ super macro, to take pictures of how the ink spread through the water.

Contact Sheet



Analysis


With these images I found that these were rather hit and miss. I fag felt some worked really well and showed interesting effects, while others remained rather bland or didn't spread properly.
I made two types of effects using the ink, the first was using a flat glass container and taking shots from above.

This was one of the better flat glass photographs. I thought that the red ink opposed the blue colour that the rest of the image had. The red could be seen as a corruption effect, or a battle between good and evil. I thought the idea behind this metaphor , linked to the first thoughts of which I had Creation and Destruction as the opposing sides.










This photograph I thought was interesting as the ink streamed in from the top. I thought the shape formed from the ink seemed interesting.













This was one of the most interesting photographs I had taken. The black ink was stronger in colour than the rest so it created a more prominent shape. The way it spread created a veil effect, showing areas of thick ink to thin. This variation reminded me of the exposure differences with the photograms, the lights and darks variating with the weight of objects.








No comments:

Post a Comment