Tuesday 6 May 2014

Exam: Day 2

To start the second day, I actually went over the Aquarius scene and started remaking part of the scene. The part I remade was the transition at the end of the aquarius scene. This time I had changed from a rather messy looking quickly made spin and shrink, and changed it  to make use of a shape tween. I had learnt from the previous animation during the mock that these could not just be thrown into the animation, I had to adjust the images accordingly. This tween created an interesting effect as the star trails first formed into three circle, and then they over-layed forming the moon. This overlaying really worked out well, and also gave me an idea for some the changes between the patterns on the moon.

Once I had finished making adjustments to the aquarius scene, I continued work on the moon scene. The first thing I did was design the various patterns that would appear on the Moons in photoshop. In the end I decided on making the following five.

 
 














From here I loaded them into flash, with the intention of making each pattern do something different from one another. The first one I used(Top Row left) I decided on making it rotate at a high speed.

It was at this point that I decided to again use shape tweens to create the transitions between the different patterns. Doing this I found that I was able to create several new shapes which really added to the idea of it being abstract. This however did mean I had to do some minor editing of the patterns in flash, which was somewhat time consuming.

For the next pattern(Top row Right) I decided on having the spikes of the pattern branch out across the moon. This almost looked as if it where a river being formed along the surface. I didn't intend for the river idea at first, however once I saw the connection, I decided on making it more prominent. I feel this scene is somewhat off the elements at times, so finding this connection was good. Alternatively, they could be seen as cracks on the surface, like an Earthquake had it. This gave me the idea of having earth, an element I hadn't originally planned on incorporating, into the piece.

The next pattern (Mid row left) I decided on having each spike become a circle. These circles all came out relatively well. I was questioning on whether to leave this part out of the piece because it wasn't the most relevant, however in the end I decided to keep it.

The next pattern was actually inspired by the idea of 'The Burning Man Festival'. The shape I used almost looks like some form of wooden construct. This then brought in the idea to edit and re-use the old fire from a prior experiment. I then used this to overlay the moon and create a burning effect. While the moon was mostly covered I changed the shape into a ball and let it be revealed as the fire went away.

The final transition I decided would be a simple one. I again started to make it rotate quickly, however at half way it changes and reverses the spin.

Now that the moon patterns where complete, all that remained for this scene was making the transition to the ocean scene. To do this I over-layed the large moon onto the ocean background, and then made it fade out, so that the ocean would be revealed.

For the ocean scene, I decided that rather than using more patterns, I made the decision to end the animation sooner, to do this I included another quote and made it fade in and out of the scene.


With both scenes now made, the next stage was to render them, and bring them into Adobe Premier to do the final editing.


Final Piece:


No comments:

Post a Comment