Friday 2 May 2014

Exam Preparation

In preparation for the upcoming exam. I began working on what I could before the exam. To start off I started creating backgrounds to use in the animation. The first scene was going to be known as 'The Aquarius Scene'. For this scene I needed a blank 'space' background. It would hold the various stars  of the aquarius constellation. This did not have to be detailed so after looking back over my previous piece to do with star signs, I decided to use features of it in my animation.

The background for the 'Aquarius Scene' was this:


The next scene in which the patterns would be "Dancing" on the moon would also require a blank background, so I decided on using the previous background again, however I also made a moon to position on the piece.


The next scene, would be the Ocean Scene. This scene required both the sky, moon and ocean in it, as well as a reflection of the moon on the water.


Also for preparation, I found the constellation of aquarius in a basic stick and dot form, which would allow for basic guidance and creation of the the Aquarius scene.

My next part of the preparation was finding the suitable sound to use for this piece. In the end I decided taking a section from a song called 'What I've Done' by Linkin Park. There music videos themselves nearly always find some way of linking to the elements, normally through earth and fire, so I felt using their song would be an interesting idea. I had taken the starting intro from the song. I took only the first 10 - 15 seconds so that I could edit it during the exam for better use within the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment