Friday 7 March 2014

Experiment - Watching the World Burn

For an experiment I decided to create a short animation using Flash. Out of the elements I had a good amount amount of wind and air related pieces, but none towards the ideas of Fire. This lead to the inspiration of burning the world. I created a quick graphical globe within Photoshop and placed it in Flash.





















Then, by using the 'Burn' Tool I created a second 'burnt' globe.




















With this I then created an overlaying fire effect for the actual way of burning in the animation. I have attempted creating realistic animated fire overlays in the past, however with this time I went for a graphical looking fire.

After placing the needed files into flash, I began using the burnt globe as an overlay for the clean globe. I then adjusted the Alpha of the burnt globe to make it seem as if the globe was being burned by the fire.

The end result was this:


I felt that this piece was interesting to do as by searching for pieces similar to this one, I found a Video Artist called Bill Viola. I though that this would be a turning point in my ideas and inspirations for the rest of the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment